Thursday 7 June 2012

My Fresh Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe

Hello Everyone :)
First of all I have to apologise for lack of posts this month, I have been sooo busy working overtime and to be honest I have been a bit lazy in the sun. All I have been doing is lazing in the garden (hoping to get a tan) and eating ice lollies :P But I do have a few posts prepared and will be resuming semi-regular posting now.
So I have been blending everything in sight since I got a blender for my birthday and I love it! I make homemade soups a lot and since I got the blender it has given me more options and I have been loving making tomato soup now I can blitz it! So here's my recipe for fresh cream of tomato soup recipe :)
It's not a very accurate recipe but you can't really go wrong with the amounts of veggies, as long as you use the right amount of water with it.

Serves 4
Tomatoes (I used vine tomatoes, but any cherry, plum or small tomatoes will do)
A stick of celery
A small onion
Carrots
Chopped Garlic1-2 cloves or a teaspoon of lazy garlic
Salt and Pepper to season
A tablespoon of granulated sugar
A drizzle of cooking oil
150ml double cream



Pre-heat oven to 180oC, wash the tomatoes and remove from the vines, then place on kitchen foil on a baking tray. Drizzle the cooking oil and sugar on them and then wrap into a parcel and put in the oven for about 30 minutes.

Chop all other vegetables and put into a saucepan. Add approximately 1 litre of cold water. Also add salt, pepper and garlic. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for about 40 minutes.

Take tomatoes out of the oven and put in the blender. Then add the vegetables from the pan to the blender, blend until smooth then add the water left from boiling the water. Pulse to mix the water with the vegetables in the blender. Then transfer back into the pan.



Whilst on a low heat, add the cream slowly, stirring gently until warm and ready to serve.


And voila! Yummy tommy soup :)
I was surprised that this wasn't a faff to make and is super tasty! If anyone gives this a try let me know how it goes <3

Love,
Star x

3 comments:

  1. Mmm this looks delicious. I love tomato soup I'm always looking for a different way to make it. Thanks for sharing Im might just go make some grilled cheese and tomato soup :)


    New follower from blog hop!

    xo,
    #5 on blog love therapy blog hop

    dianaluv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy!! I found your blog through the BLT blog hop!

    http://thelacquerfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm a new follower! Found you thru the BLT blog hop! It looks so easy to cook, plus the tomatoes are so cute! But I bet mine would taste somehow different. haha!

    Visit my blog if you have time! ;)

    xo,
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete